Tuesday, June 7, 2011

RAISE THE CUP - A Pair From The Summit II

The 'Summit II' card show in Edmonton on the weekend not only brought some ITG Decades goodness with it, it was a chance to pick up a few cards for my various projects.

Here's a pair of Cup raisers to add to the collection.


This Niklas Lidstrom comes from Upper Deck's Biography of a Season (2008/09 style). I'll admit, I'm a fan of these cards. Each year they have a nice design and great photography. Reflective of the top moments of the past season.

How could you go wrong.

Now, was this Lidstrom's last Cup raise? I'm thinking so. While I do believe he will be back for another season (apparently he's already training hard for next season), I don't think the Red Wings will have the team to make it all the way to the finals. Injuries might spell the doom of another ring for Nik.


When I saw this card, I did a quick double take and stop. I didn't realize this card existed. What a great photo (used already in another McDonald Cup Raiser card in my project).

Lanny really had a storybook ending to his career. Getting 500 goals and 1000 points i his final season and capping it off by wearing the captain's C the night he won the Stanley Cup - his last game in the NHL.

Hard to beat.

Makes me think if this season's Cup Final will have some sort of story that will stand the test of time. I hope so.

Current Collection - 37 cards

No comments:

Post a Comment