Sunday, March 12, 2017

OUTSIDE THE BOX - A Couple Of Legends

Let's go over the list one more time....

Like sifting through boxes looking for gems - CHECK

Sucker for a deal - CHECK

Enjoys a good laugh - CHECK

So when I came across a box full of non-sport priced at three bucks a piece or 2 for $5....I decided to take a few moments.

I came to a quick halt when I saw this gem....

Ha ha ha......who loves ya' baby!

I have no idea what possessed...............oh yeah right.  I'm a sucker.

Get it!!!  I'm starting to show my age.

The back of the card has some great info on Mr. Savalas (I just can't call him Telly)....

"Telly Savalas ranks among the most recognizable actors of the 20th century.  A veteran of World War II, Savages was nominated for an Academy Award in 1963 for Birdman of Alcatraz.  Of course, his most famous role came as Lt. Theo Kojak on Kojak.  Who loves ya' baby!"

Very cool.

Anyways, I confirmed with the seller 2 for $5 and began digging for card #2.

It was a non-sport box but found this equally impressive legend....

The King.......Richard Petty.  Race Used Firesuit.  Look at that photo!!

That was good enough for me.

These two cards for a measly five bucks.  All.....day.....long.

1 comment:

  1. I must be a sucker too... because I'd be all over both of those cards for $5 too. Nice pickup.

    ReplyDelete