Sunday, November 26, 2017

LINDEN CARD OF THE WEEK - Team Canada Mega Patch Progress

Slowly getting closer to the Christmas break and I am chomping at the bit.  It's been a long, busy year and things are starting to ease up as we head into the final weeks of 2017.

More items are being flung off the work plate and I couldn't be happier.  Already though there are rumblings that next year could be my busiest - but most rewarding - when it comes to opportunities.  I'm already looking forward to it.

But before then, I plan on enjoying some much needed R&R.  Three weeks off over the Christmas break is on the schedule and it'll involve getting caught up on a lot of things....but more importantly, it'll be a chance to recharge my batteries.  Heck, I've been joking with a few people that I'm still trying to get my year started.

It's been a much slower year for me when it comes to my Linden collection - collecting in general and as a result my postings here have been scarce.  But some time today to relax and watch some hockey has me in a scanning mood.  Add to that my most recent Linden pickup and this post was destined to happen.

2014/15 Upper Deck Premier
#PMP-TL Mega Patch Team Canada  16/27

These mega patches put out by Upper Deck a few years back are probably my most favourite cards to chase.  I really like that UD put Linden in his Team Canada garb for this product and the mega patch concept is a can't miss.....especially when you have the opportunity to piece them together like a puzzle.

So....as with all unique (1/1) Linden cards, I've been keeping tabs on each and every mega patch to hit the open market.  I've been able to land a few of them (six) but there are many more that have made their way into other Linden collections.  So a scan will do......and that is all I am looking for in that respect.

So here is a quick grid of the 12 Linden cards that I've personally seen and you can see it really fills out the crest nicely.  It's interesting to see how the whole right side of the leaf is hardly represented.  Odd.

Here's a better look at how the cards fill the picture...

Like I said.....it's one of my fave chases.

I hope one day all 27 cards will surface so that I can complete the picture.  To know that they all have been cracked out of packages (and that I've been able to scan them) would be an incredible achievement.

No comments:

Post a Comment