Tuesday, January 8, 2019

PARKIE PROJECT - I Busted Him Out

I was excited to spend some time during my holiday break tidying up my office desk, putting some cards in their proper spot, double checking the checklists (yes...I actually enjoy that) and just seeing where I'm at in my hobby journey - and what I'd like to accomplish (or focus on in the new year).

One of the things that caught my eye (and I had completely forgotten about it) was that I had picked up a Bill Gadsby for my 51/52 Parkhurst project - but it was slabbed (PSA 2).

I say "was".......

1951/52 Parkhurst
#37 Bill Gadsby

I know this might not be the popular thing to do, but I'm building an ungraded set.  Having 104 cards in toploaders and this Gadsby in the slab would just be.....well, wrong in my eyes.  So I cracked it from the case.

And I couldn't be happier.  I think the card looks even more stunning now that it is free from the protective glass.

This copy sits perfectly with what I'm trying to do.  A solid looking piece of cardboard with a pretty easy price tag.  That;s the name of the game.

So where does this place me on my journey to completion?  I'm now 19 cards in.  The total cost of said cards.....$340cdn.  That's less than twenty bucks card.  To be honest, I don't know if that's good or bad, I'm just happy that this venture has been fun to chase - and easy on the wallet.

Let's see how many more I track down this year.


Current Collection - 19 cards

3 comments:

  1. Sweet pick-up! I like graded cards as much as anyone, yet I can totally see why you'd want to free Bill from his plastic prison for the sake of consistency. Good luck grabbing a few more of these in the coming year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Is there something I'm missing? That card is in really nice condition and PSA graded it a 2? Best of luck on this project. 51/52 Parkhurst is a beautiful set!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My thoughts exactly. There’s no big crease or stain. I’m at a loss.

      All the more reason for me to crack the case.

      Delete