Sunday, January 31, 2021

LINDEN CARD OF THE WEEK - UD Chronology II Red Auto...And Some Announcements

Well hello again!

It's been a while...hope everyone is well and hanging in there as we kick and scream into 2021.  :)

I've been busy with a number of things (I'll share those in a few minutes), but am going to try and find more time this year to share all things hobby in my world.  I won't lie, I miss blogging on a regular basis.  But I also recognize that the landscape for sharing cardboard content has changed drastically since 2009 when I launched this site.

So let's start with a card.  It's the latest to come in for my Linden collection...and I really like the looks of it.


2019/20 Upper Deck Chronology II
#CA-TL Canvas Auto Red

I was really excited to see Linden added in the second volume of Chronology.  The cards look real sharp, new photos to drool over and (for the most part) hard signed autos.  I think this is the first gold pen auto in my collection and is the tougher of the two canvas auto cards he has in the mix (not including the 1/1).

I am however trying to figure out why a card like this warrants being on a 180pt cardstock?  Is it supposed to make the card feel more important?  Is thicker better?

Anyways..........

It's a nice start to the collecting year as Trev has cards in Chronology, Synergy and Leaf Lumber Kings to keep me busy.  But really, I've been keeping my eye out on some older, rarer show cards (remember those?).  There have been a number of them popping up of late - actually, an insane number of cards (like the guy has full sets of show card runs).  Unfortunately, his asking price is far too steep for me at this time.  At least I know these cards actually exist.


So now let's get to some other orders of business.

I ain't goin' anywhere.

I love this hobby as much as ever and I enjoy checking out other collections and in particular, seeing how they share their wares.  Many continue to blog, some post on Twitter or Instagram and others have taken to YouTube to host absurdly long hobby shows.  :)

There is so much hobby content out there....and a ton of it is a real positive vibe.  I love it.

I love to share my thoughts, my collection and my ideas on what I'd like to do and where I'd like to go with my PC's.  But over the past few months, I've spent more time developing a new arsenal of social content platforms.

Late last year I built my own website.

I started a Twitter feed to compliment it.

And a week ago I added an Instagram page.

These outlets are more than just hobby related - they are all things creative.  I work in a creative world (video production) and I feel that to build towards the next step in my career, I need to develop the skills needed in each of these disciplines.  I also want to explore, meet and enjoy the greater world of creatives.  

So feel free to follow along.  I promise, it'll be fun.  I'll be trying things (often for the first time), so cheer me on as I stumble through the learning curves.


So is this the end of My Hockey Card Obsession....the blog?

The short answer is no.  I probably won't be as active as I was in my heyday, but I do hope to be more active than the past couple years have shown.  But I will be putting the focus on my other sites.

Where I will be sure to share more hobby content.

Cheers!

3 comments:

  1. That Chronology autograph is gorgeous. I remember grabbing a few from the first run from about a decade ago. As for Twitter and Instagram... I'm one of those old farts that just can't get into it. At this point, I doubt I ever will.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They really are nice cards.

      I can absolutely appreciate that to some, blogging is the way to go.

      I've been drawn in to the other social platforms more because of my work. It's critical in the world of sports video production to have knowledge in the Twitters and Instagrams of the world.

      So....if I'm going to dive in, it might as well be with some hockey card content. :)

      Delete
  2. Nice to see some new Linden stuff! The photo on that card looks great!

    I hear you on the landscape changing. I'm all in with sharing my new pickups on Twitter now. However, I still like having the blog to express some longer, more detailed thoughts about the things I collect.

    Even if you're not posting here as often, it is still nice to see new posts. Good luck with the rest of those new Linden cards. I'll keep an eye out for them.

    ReplyDelete