Saturday, July 23, 2022

LINDEN CARD(s) OF THE WEEK - Select Emerald... and a Gift

Greetings! It's been a busy couple of months but I have finally landed an actual weekend off (two full days with no work on the plate). I wanted to ease into my Saturday so I decided to sort through some cards...always relaxing and fun.

While my pickups this year have been few and far between, I'm still very active in hunting and collecting information on my various PCs. I've learned of some exciting new autograph Linden cards in SP Authentic and have some exciting new additions to my 'Wallet Card' collection - so stay tuned.

Today, I'll share a pair of Trevor Linden cards from a fellow Linden collector. 

I've seen him post a few Trev's on ebay over the years...most of them I already have, and I've also reached out to him previously to ask about any opportunities. He's always been top-notch in helping me out. A couple times I've held off on buying a card...deciding to reach out to him to ask about a bundle, only to have the card get snagged by an opportunistic collector.

I've learned my lesson...ha ha.

So when this card showed up, I didn't hesitate. I hit the Buy It Now.

2013/14 Panini Select
#178 Emerald  /25

This is an exciting card to land. Make no mistake, the photo does not do this piece justice. It's a card that has eluded me for almost a decade. Cards numbered to 25 from back then don't pop up often.

This is an item that finishes off the Select rainbow from that year (minus the 1/1...though I know where it lives). I really pay attention to card from 7-12 years ago that I do not yet have. They are rare birds in my eyes and I find that they have a lot more desirability in the current landscape of the hobby - especially shiny, coloured cards.

After I pulled the trigger, I e-mailed him, excited about what I had purchased, but also to see if he had any other items that I could add to my shipment. He asked for an updated wantlist and shared his with me. I always enjoy getting some knowledge on what others are seeking. Makes me go eagle-eye when I go to card shows.

He let me know that there was another card he had that I needed and tossed it (gently...and with protection) into the bubble envelope with the Emerald.

2020/21 Upper Deck Black Diamond
#SB-TL Silver On Black Signatures  /100

This is a sah-weet looking card. I love the way Black Diamond cards just provide so much in aesthetics, yet present a clean, polished look.

I've had a couple copies of this one on my radar, but the price wasn't quite right. To have this as a gift in addition to my purchase was just very much appreciated.

Thanks very much, Elliot for your kind gesture and continued friendship in this hobby. It's people like you that make hockey card collecting fun and an enjoyable passion for me.

Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment