Sunday, July 24, 2022

WALLET CARD - Oddball Concert

Continuing my "cardboard cleanup" this weekend by showcasing some really fun 'Wallet Card' pickups.

I've had my eye one these for years and finally decided they needed to be a part of my collection.

For those who don't know, my Oscar Gamble collection is without a doubt my most fun PC. It's inexpensive (in relation to my other endeavours), the cards are right in that perfect balance of vintage vs. current, there's tough chases and always enjoyable photography. What's not to like.

These items fire on all cylinders.

1999 Phish Concert Backstage Passes x3

I mean, c'mon...these are absolutely must-haves in any Oscar Gamble collection...no?

Slightly oversized, these are printed on cloth and appear unused (that said, I don't know my backstage passes that well).

I've had them on my ebay watchlist for years...the seller has hundreds of backstage passes for sale (I don't know if that's a good thing or a bad thing). But the time was now to strike.

1999 Phish Backstage Pass
#NN Green

I don't know what more to say...other than "look at it".  Ha ha.

Obviously, the iconic 1976 Topps Traded baseball card makes an ideal backstage pass image. I love that they didn't take too many liberties with the design (really, just the wording on the newspaper headline).

These look to be in perfect condition. No heavy use or creases.


And for them to be unpeeled is an added bonus. Actually, it was a must-have in my eyes. I don't think I would have snagged them if they were "used".

1999 Phish Backstage Pass
#NN Orange

I'm not sure why the three colours. Maybe they were thinking "Hey, I bet there's a guy who loves our band and would like to collect these passes". Close...I like the baseball player.

But to have the three of these, all from the same seller and having like identifiers, that's appealing to me.

How do you say....oddly satisfying.

1999 Phish Backstage Pass
#NN Blue

Now I mentioned that I have had these on my radar for years. While I didn't always have them in my ebay watchlist, I knew they existed. When I finally decided that now was the time, I could have sworn that I had seen a red copy at one time. I couldn't find a copy of one when scouring the internets - so now I'm unsure.

But that will have me keeping a lookout...maybe it's a shortprint. :)

Regardless, I love the fact that I have added some quality items to the 'Wallet Card' collection...once again.

Never a dull moment.

3 comments:

  1. These are awesome! I've bought some Otto passes before, but have never seen these very unique Gambles.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kinda cool. ... I have no idea what Oscar Gamble has to do with Phish.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me neither. I’m guessing that the image is just so iconic. 😎

      Delete