Tuesday, March 30, 2010

SCRIBBLES & SCRIBES - A new feature!

A few months ago, I blogged about the penmanship of some of the NHLers out there - past and present.

The variety of signatures is still a topic that is at the forefront of my mind. Each time I go searching for signatures, I find some gems - on both sides of the fence.

Today was just another one of those instances. These autos however, made me want to create a new feature on my blog...

SCRIBBLES & SCRIBES

In a nutshell, it's the worst and the best of NHL autographs out there. We all know there are some nasty looking signatures coming from a lot of the current NHLers, while the retired gents tend to have some sleek looking autos.

There are always exceptions though. This will be a place for me to showcase some of my finds.

Without further ado - a definite scribble!


John Davidson
SCRIBBLE

Where does the 'J' start and the 'avdison' end?

I know two-year-olds that have better flow with a marker. Wow!


Charlie Simmer
SCRIBE

Now this autograph reeks of the quality and penmanship that I tend to expect from a vet. The only shame is that the autograph is on an angle. Normally, this is because there isn't enough space on the card (not quite the issue here). It just gives the signature a feeling of being squeezed in.

What do you think? Feel free to comment on my opinion. Agree or disagree.

Should be fun.

2 comments:

  1. That Davidson autograph is atrocious. The Simmer auto, on the other hand, is top quality. I sort of like the angle myself, but I understand where you are coming from. This set in general is a good idea, but the signatures do tend to look squeezed a bit.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I guess the angled thing makes it seem more like an autograph book. I've just seen too many cards from that set not quite fit.

    I have the Gilles Gilbert card from that set (I did a box break on it) and while the signature is awesome, it is quite angled and just barely fits the card.

    Too tight of a spot for me.

    ReplyDelete