Saturday, January 21, 2012

LINDEN CARD OF THE WEEK - One More Down, One To Go

I got home Friday night to see a single mailer poking out from the mailbox. Looking at the return address, I knew immediately what lay inside.

For almost a year now I have been hunting down cards from In The Game's 'Decades' product. Autographs, Jerseys, Numbers, Emblems and combinations of the sort. And while I do have most of them now....the remaining few are going to be the big challenge.

Thankfully, there are a bunch of great people out there that know who I collect and keep their eye out for me.

I received a message from one such person stating simply....'Do you need this one? It's available. Throw me an offer.'


2010/11 In The Game Decades 1980s
#M-62 Game Used Emblem Silver
(limited to 3 copies)


Do I need it? I don't care. I'm going to try and get it regardless.

Actually, I did need it......all the better.

I knew that from past purchases and seeing what other cards of the sort have gone for the type of ballpark I should be in when making an offer. The last thing I'm trying to do is lowball or squeeze out the cheapest price.

I wanted to make a fair offer that we could both be happy with.

And it was as simple as that. I paid a little more in order to have the card shipped express (with tracking and all that jazz).

Thrilled! Absolutely thrilled to strike this off the wantlist.

For those of you who have labored through my numerous Decades post might like to know that there are 9 of these types of cards (3 jersey, 3 number and 3 emblem). One is a 'black' level, one 'silver' and the final one (and rarest) is the 'gold'.

I now own 8 of the 9 cards. All I am missing is the toughest one - the gold emblem. And of course, there is only one card of that type in the product.

For those of you who are interested, here are some of the others...

3 different ones

Number Gold

Number Silver

Baby steps. Sometimes big purchases.... but baby steps.

2 comments:

  1. That's quite an impressive accomplishment in itself my friend! I'm sure down the road you'll be able to track down that one darn card! Good Luck

    ReplyDelete