Thursday, March 24, 2016

WALLET CARD - Second Best Afro Card

It's been a while since I've posted anything #WalletCard related.  But that doesn't mean Oscar isn't on my radar.

I've managed to pick up a few cards via COMC as well as the generosity of trade.  I enjoy the fact that there are people out there keeping an eye out for the great afro'd one.

The card I'm going to share today comes from a trade a few months back where Captain Canuck (aka: Gamble Supplier) fanned this beauty in my face.

1976 SSPC #526

This just has a whole lotta spectacular in it.

Afro aside, the ballcap is a beaut.  I love that it's neatly off kilter.  And I can picture the lobster-red jersey in full form.

For a card that's 40 years old, it was in fantastic condition.

Thanks very much for thinking of me one more than one occasion Captain! 

Ive slowly built a pretty solid player collection (in just a little over a year).  I've picked up 35 cards out of a checklist of 142 total.  Not bad.  Keep in mind that I'm not aggressive at all when it comes to chasing.  I could pop on any number of sites and snag a good 40-50 cards - cheap - without even blinking.  But that's not really any fun.

What I'd love to see happen is to go to a show where there's a bunch of baseball singles and just dig.  Maybe a trip to a show in the States is in order one of these days.

To end things off for this post, I'd like to share a great sketch done by John Hartwell of Oscar and his iconic 1976 Topps 74T #WalletCard.

Tremendous.

Check out some of his other work too via his Twitter feed.  I especially love the  Don Mossi.  Captures it perfectly.

1 comment:

  1. Not sure what's more awesome. Both of these Oscars are museum worthy.

    ReplyDelete